10.07.2013

Worth It

So as I was in my spot I go to in the morning (which was very cold today) I realized that I wasn't worried about today. It hit me when I was looking over my prayer list...I just wasn't worried. This is saying something, because a lot happens in my Mondays, so it's a pretty intense day. Of course when I do stop and think about everything I do get kinda worried, but I also know that I have a safety net:
 
"For God alone my soul waits in silence,
for my hope is in Him,
for He is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress, I will not be shaken."
Psalm 62:5-6
 
How great is it to not have to worry? (When was the last time you went through your day with little or no worry?) God has proved himself over and over to me again and again and here I am finally beginning to trust Him in the fact that He is completely in control of my day. It takes a lot of perseverance, but man is it worth it.

This is an easy post to write when it's after math class and you are pretty happy with the grade you got on your last test. But as my day goes on...I swear I am being put through the ringer. My roommate is moving out (not because of issues, though, her BFF moved in downstairs). I do have another roommate I will be getting, and she's really nice, but will be rooming with someone else after the semester. So. These verses and these posts just help remind me that yeah, the struggle is real and yeah it kinda sucks, and even though I feel like I'm on change/adaptation overload God's still worth it. He still loves me. I will never walk alone. Even if I feel ridiculously beat up.

Am I slightly worried and a bit stressed? Yes, very much so. It doesn't really matter when your God is bigger than the whole entire world. We will see what He has planned...right now I'm smack dab in the middle of it and more than slightly confused.
 
"I consider the sufferings of this present day are not worth comparing with the glory about to be revealed to us."
Romans8:18
 
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us,  looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken his seat at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12:1-2
 
"...to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace"
Romans 8:6
 
"Do not lag in zeal, but be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient is suffering, preserver in prayer."
Romans 12:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment