10.15.2013

These People

I have so many people in my life that I look up to. They are the people that are honest, knowing, aware (you have no idea how long it took me to figure out how to spell that), relevant, confident, serious, leaders, alive (they don't forget to live life), always learning, certainly not perfect and have very funny senses of humors (not sure how to word that right....). They have bright smiles and often we share mischievous looks because they know that I am always planning something.

These are the people that I watch very carefully and strive to emulate. I deliberately seek  out (and sometimes stumble upon) these positive role models. And I know that God is so deliberate in placing these people in my life...they are exactly what I need and when I need it. I love to see this play out, and I just love being around these people.

With their investment in me, I am becoming better equipped to do what they themselves are doing--making disciples. I have a feeling that this coming year will begin to show even more fruits of their labor through my life.


You know if you are one of these people. You can tell. And if you doubt you are, well, you probably are anyway. I just want to say thank you to those people who love me when I find it hard to love myself. Thank you for being there to guide me, always be there to support me (I never really realized how much support I needed and how valuable it is) and just pouring yourselves into the awkward freshman that is me.


No comments:

Post a Comment