10.27.2013

Our Strength

Well. I would say that sometimes we confuse our strength (which is little and small) with God's strength (which is big and tall). I never really thought of the fact that we confuse them, but we really just have to remember that God's not going to o everything for us. Like a good parent, He waits for us to turn to Him and ask for help, hiding a smile while we try to do it ourselves. 
 
Sometimes it just takes taking a deep breath, summoning your courage and going to do it. Walking over there. Saying those honest words. Putting things at risk. Putting you at risk. And this is what God asks us to do, but all the while leaning on Him. He is our strength, our salvation and everything beautiful. You see, He is our strength, not anyone else. Not you. Not me. No one.
 
"He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress, I shall not be shaken."
Psalm 62:6 


No comments:

Post a Comment