10.28.2013

Drag Me Deeper

When we are feeling down, wallowing in self-pity a bit, looking forward to the future instead of living in the present (I don’t think that applies to when you’re doing homework), and wondering why everyone else has something you don’t, I have to remind myself that God’s the only thing that matters. He’s the air I breathe. The only thing I need, my one thing to depend on. He holds me together. There’s nothing else in the whole world that even matters. This dependency is so necessary for every day life...I never realized how necessary.

He’s dragging me deeper, further and further away from everything and everyone else. Pulling me under, so that I am fully submersed in His presence. When I try to struggle and resist this relentless pursuit, I feel like I’m drowning, caught in the struggle of trying to breath, when all I have to do is look to Him and my fears will calm.

He's literally dragging me deeper. How can we find our way on our own? Already I'm further in than I could ever go alone. I wouldn't really be here if it wasn't from Him. All the countless second chances...oh why do we still struggle against the pull? The way He romances us? His caring heart just wants us, wants us to run to Him, wants to care for us. Why do we not let Him?


Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith would be made stronger in the presence of my Savior

Where Feet May Fail
Hillsong UNITED

Lord I need you,
Every hour I need you
My one defense,
My righteousness,
Oh God how I need you

Lord I Need You
Christ Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment