10.06.2013

He is Lord

Sometimes my best thoughts come out when I am confused, or worried or tired. Other times, I'm just confused, worried and tired and have no thoughts. Do you ever feel like that?

I think we all reach that place in our week where taking a deep breath just doesn't always fix the problem, or help you focus anymore than you're already trying. And despite how productive your day is, sometimes...sometimes it just doesn't work.

Really, for me I'm getting to the point where I just want to let God have it all. I don't want anything else to do with my burdens, my past...His burden is light so I give it to Him.

My relief comes in prayer, and more than ever I am learning to ask and pray with a heart that's in the right place, one centered in faith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMrck6jgm8M Check out this Francis Chan video...it's pretty awesome).

Every hour I need Him. I realize this more everyday when I begin to see how BIG He is, how small I am, and how I basiclly drown in my circumstances. I'm becoming more and more okay with this need, this insatiable desire to just commune with God, my Lord. Even if it is a bit frustrating to not be able to do things on my own and not know exactly what's coming next. But again, how many times better do things work out if God takes care of it rather than us humans doing something, whatever it is we do? How many times does He prove to us His Sovereignty and we still have trouble believing?


"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:30

"During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission."
Hebrews 5:7

"O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth!"
Psalm 8:9

No comments:

Post a Comment