8.02.2013

Stop. Sit. Eat.

Being alone at the house is good sometimes. You get to sing as loud and as obnoxiously as you want, you don't have to worry about cleaning the place for a few hours and you are able to start on your to-do list without any distractions.

Today I started to make my lunch, and wondered what I was going to do while I ate. Work on the computer? Read an article in the newspaper? Organize my calender? Then I stopped. 

What if I just ate?

Like, did nothing else but eat?

I was blown away at how hard this was for me. I sat there and stared at my food. Soon I was glancing at my phone, playing with my food and fidgeting. It took at lot of self discipline to just sit. Really, I just thought to myself Wow, that's not good.

I know that I am not the only one who experiences this. I could go on and on about how busy today's world is and so on, but eating is something you have to do--so you might as well make room for it!
I really want to challenge you to Stop. Sit. and Eat. Try your best to block out distractions (That means no eating with your phone on  the table!) and slow your mind down.

If nothing else, just pray while you eat.


#needsmorecheese



P.S. It helps if you are eating something pretty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment