8.22.2013

Community Service

 
Thursday I had signed up for a community service activity  event called Big Red Blitz where freshman could divide up and go do community service. I went to a group that was making paper cranes for Hosparus (like a hospice). They give the Peace Cranes out when someone pledges to talk with a loved one about end-of-life decisions such as cremation/burial, in home care and so on. Being the only one who knew how to make an origami crane, I taught a few people, and in the process to meet some people form the honors college,  who were all really nice. I really just liked getting back to basics and serving. There is just something so fulfilling about being able to do that...the more I think about it, the more I think what God has in store for me is completely different that I had ever thought.
 
 And I got a free t-shirt :)
  
 
The box I'm holding is my lunch!



 
 


 
This chain was 8 ft long...I couldn't get it all in one picture.


 
Mini cranes! 
 
 
 
"Crane Unfolding" Sculpture on campus.



No comments:

Post a Comment