8.23.2013

Honesty

Honesty.

I need to be better about that. Everyone talks about talking to God, but so many times I think we just tell him how we feel about our troubles, which as everyone can guess--you feel bad about your trouble (duh). What people seem to miss though is that we are often the ones in the way by not being completely openly honest with God. So grab a piece of paper and write:


Honestly: _________________________________________


Now fill in the blank. It could be something that is good or bad, glad or sad. Then, read them to God. Out loud. Yes, out loud. Go.



Here are some of mine:

Honestly: I'm more homesick than I'd like to admit...and more than I thought I would be.

Honestly: I am so tired.

Honestly: I am lonely here sometimes. Mostly at night. Sometimes I've thought about not coming back.

Honestly: I've had doubts about whether I should be here.

Honestly: I'm a bit stressed. I wonder if I'm eating okay.

Honestly: I am excited about classes.

Honestly: I really need a lamp for my room. It would make it feel homier.

Honestly.


Some people are better with honesty than others. I understand this is a hard thing to do, honestly I really, really do,  but don't censor it, keep it authentic, raw and real. A year ago I would not have even imagined posting something like this...a testimony to change.

Going through all these things, I am beginning to see that I can't do anything on my own.
I need God. I have to have him.
 
Oh God how I need you
Every hour I need you
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God how I need you

No comments:

Post a Comment