8.27.2013

Change is NOW

One thing that college is teaching me is to be myself. I already have a good grasp of this, but the compromising? Well, you don't always have to do that. Sometimes you just can't compromise.

Me, I am tolerant--to a fault. But the more I get beat up by gain life experiences I don't even want to or have time to take crap from people anymore. I think God has used this time to left me develop that attitude more. I really can do it (the assertiveness) but I just have to be at a certain point. Right now I am at a breaking point.

Hence why I took a stand and told the dorm people that I was NOT going to stay in my room with my roommate any longer. I spent the night with friends and got moved out the next day. I just wanted the whole ordeal to be over and have a safe place to sleep. God took care of me though (should I be surprised? Nope.)....I got into the dorm I wanted and now am closer to my friends, and don't have to worry about walking around campus at night--I can just go across that hall.

I also just want to say thank you to all who were on standby and were praying for me and let me sleep in their dorm...and my dad who helped the people understand what was an option, and for my mom and brother who came down to help me move. You all are AMAZING. I can not thank the Lord for you enough!!!!

During this time, a friend gave me this passage, and I really just want to bold this whole thing. Read it several times and out loud once or twice...I've never seen something apply to my life so directly...

 

1 Corinthians 7:17-24

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

 

The Life that the Lord Has Assigned

 

"However that may be, let each of you lead the life that the Lord has assigned, to which God called you. This is my rule in all the churches.  Was anyone at the time of his call already circumcised? (I also can see circumcision as scars from the past, the burdens you carry with you). Let him not seek to remove the marks of circumcision. Was anyone at the time of his call uncircumcised? Let him not seek circumcision. Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing; but obeying the commandments of God is everything. 

 Let each of you remain in the condition in which you were called (not distracted by things so you can focus on God. Stay pure! Stay joyful! Stay in love with your Creator! And no matter your circumstances: REJOICE! Oh, and focus on your school work too...). Were you a slave when called? Do not be concerned about it. Even if you can gain your freedom,  make use of your present condition now more than ever (I can get a new roommate--but I still need to act like a Christian and not encourage anymore negative animosity). For whoever was called in the Lord as a slave is a freed person belonging to the Lord, just as whoever was free when called is a slave of Christ. You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of human masters.  In whatever condition you were called, (aka NOT stressed and worried about what you were going to have to deal with when you got to your dorm) brothers and sisters, there remain with God."




 

No comments:

Post a Comment