11.18.2013

What I Want


"The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."
Psalms 54:17
 
This is where I'm at. I'm just at this point. I've been broken down so many times in these past weeks I feel like there's only so much of me left. This allows for God to be able to do His good works in me, through me. This is what I want. I don't even want to be myself. I want more of Him in me. And the ability to keep me at a minimum and His presence in me to grow. Just that focus of the heart--I want it to stay and I want it to come natural to me. Like thinking of someone you love all of the time. Like that--constant thoughts. Because I just realize more and more how broken and small and little we are, and how worn that we are even before anything even happens. If we are worried about the stuff before it even happens, what does that say about us? How weak we are? How we fail at life. So these verses in Psalm 54 are my new prayer, all of them, for I need someone bigger than myself to sustain me.
 
"Restore me to the joy of your salvation and sustain me in a willing spirit."
Psalm 54:12
 
"create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me."
Psalm 54:10


 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment