11.09.2013

Continuous Joy

"Although you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you so not see him now, you believe in him and rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy, for you are receiving the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls."
1 Peter 1:9
 
Joy. In the middle of all circumstances. This is what I want, this is what I strive for. I have been learning that when you're with God, there is a continuous joy. Something that is like a river--an undercurrent in everyday things. Even the boring things. It's almost hard to explain...and I'm still learning how to have more of it, letting it seep into everything I do. I finally get what Paul talks about--how can he be joyful in prison (because He's there for the millionth time)? Isn't that a bit discouraging? But yet he talks about joy, the beautiful joy that he has in his Lord.

This is what I've tasted, and I. Want. More.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment