11.29.2013

Only So Far Along

The more I begin to think I've made so much progress, the more things happen to show me that I'm not nearly as far along as I thought. I look back and see how far I've come, then look at my current life and see the amount of questions I still have....a slightly humbling experience.

But after the initial shock, I've learned to be thankful for it.

**I pause as I look over at the washing machine (of course all my great ideas happen in ordinary places) as it makes a sound that is like any other....scares me every time.....**

Anyway, I am thankful for every humbling experience because it reminds me how small I am compared to God, and how my ideas don't even compare. And of course, it humbles me, as much as it takes my pride and all these things that are "puffed up", throws them on the ground and stomps on them.

But I guess in the end, it matters that I'm making progress more towards who God designed me to be, even if it means looking back and reflecting a lot.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment