11.19.2013

Our Everything

We don't get to be picky when we trust God.

We just don't. We are called to give God our everything. That means we don't get to pick and choose what we worry about. There's no double standard. God calls us to give Him our all, all of us  (see Matthew 16:24-26). As much as it hurts to say this, it's true. I know I need to re-examine what I give God and what I still hold back (and why I do), but what about you? What are you saying to God, "I can do this--let me worry about it. I don't want to take the deep risk of surrendering completely to you"? As extreme as this may sound, it really is what you're saying, isn't it?

This thing called trust gets especially harder when you know something's coming or the time of the event draws nearer...we look at the future so many times a day, I can't believe that we don't drive ourselves crazy. Why can't we just enjoy the present? We speak so much in past and future tenses that we forget to enjoy. Just take the days one day at a time! Don't forget when you live, and trust God in the presnt and the future.

"To you O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust."
Psalms 25:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment