11.24.2013

DNOW

The first thing I think of when I wake up, and the last thing I think of as fall asleep.

 My Lord and my God.

 The one who constantly takes care of me, no matter where I am or what I’m doing.
I was reminded of this truth this past weekend. I had the opportunity to help lead a DNOW (discipleship now, like a church camp without the camps and activity after activity, it's more of a weekend of slowing down and learning) with another leader for a bunch of high school girls. Now, I didn't really anyone very well--or at all. I was scared at first at this challenge, but I  took a deep breath and had to consciously give myself to God--I had to trust all of this, all of me, to Him.
How richly He blessed us, our time, our weekend, our lives....He touched us all, straight in the heart. Challenging us, encouraging us, leading us....His spirit was there, it was present...

What else do we expect?

I feel like I have a tendency to seek out those people. The ones who are in the "first chair", or the people whose faith is active and alive and apparent. I also got to do this this weekend--one of my favorite things. Seeking out those who are serious about being seriously on fire for their Lord. I love having those people to look up to, the beautiful reflections that they are. And being able to emulate that for others, showing them how great it is to be consumed with this passion--how awesome is that. 
 And in the middle of it all, I have to learn to really pause. To stop. Take a deep breath and remember to live my day surrounded by His presence.
 I just want to be able to get to know Him. Without me getting in the way because so many times I just stop myself. But is takes that step, that twenty seconds of courage to fall into His abandon more completely. I can't hesitate anymore.
 


 
DNOW 2013
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment