1.24.2014

Going Back




Finally. I'm sitting next to my friend Kendra. She's back from her mission journey in Chad.

When people go away for awhile and come back changed, its easier to identify with those people who have done the same thing. It's like there's some understanding that things aren't the way they used to be--that we aren't the way we used to be.

And then we talk about how I'm leaving again. I go back to school in a few days. Monday actually starts off with an 8 AM. Great.


Actually, I am really excited. Really excited. I can't wait. But part of me is going to miss the people I actually got to see, talk to, build, rebuild and improve relationships with. Since WKUs break is longer than most, I feel like I actually got to be involved in their lives for once, instead of just seeing  them on Sundays when I come home for the weekend. I feel like I have gotten to just be with them and love with them differently, on a more real level, one not so consumed with me.

It's been kinda rough too, learning how you don't fit back in the way you used to...and how you're not supposed to....


And I'm going to miss my dog. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment