12.31.2013

Time for Adventure

Leaving your family is once thing that brings up mixed emotions. First comes relief from being out of a small house with a lotta people in it, but then a twinge of sadness because you know it will be a long time before you see them again.

As you get older, you begin to really know these people and appreciate the colors they are, how each displays a different facet of the family, but all together they represent the whole family. As I'm beginning to see this, I realize God's showing me how much he loves His people, how much He loves me, and how much I love these people.

My [many and very large] families have taught me a lot about adventure this year. Even those family members--the "daredevils" or whatnot. Despite the stupidity of their choices and the mistakes of others there's (even if they make some great stories) something to be said for their lifestyle. Life is an adventure, and life is meant to be lived. Now I feel like this is more than "Let's go bungee jumping off Mount Rushmore"--it's like everyday is an adventure. With everything I've been learning I'm being taught is prepared for this coming spring will be exciting and intense and adventurous. It's a daily thing sometimes...looking for the adventure that's already there in front of you. Especially when you're traveling with God--what's not an adventure then?

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment