12.21.2013

The Question to Ask

What does God want from me?

This is the question I asked myself while waiting at a stoplight the other day.
Hold on.
Wait just a minute.
That's not the right question to ask.

Don't I know that God wants all of me?

He did not sacrifice His only son just to have me ask such a question. Or give Him only certain parts of my life. I can not give Him just the money and school parts of our lives, but keep the dating, marriage and sports parts for ourselves and our control.

You see, I'm called to be all His. He made me, I am His child. His precious, precious child. Now I have to live like it.

"See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are."
1 John 3:1

"Again Jesus spoke to them saying, "I am the light f the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.'"
John 8:12

"I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord."
Philippians 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment