12.20.2013

The Grace I'm Given

In this day and age, there are so many conflicting messages we are on the receiving end of. You are too much but not enough, be yourself--but not that version, you have to look this way but if you do this to get there, then you have problems. Statements like these cause some of the tear and wear that we experience through our daily lives, but believing them is when the real destruction comes.
 
It's times like these that you begin to understand the importance of really, truly, being yourself--the person God created you to be. You see, a lot of the time we don't understand how specific our purpose is, how we are one piece of a body working together for the Lord.
 
The more I begin to understand my faith, the more I begin to see how EPIC salvation really is and how much we really need the overflowing grace He gives. Looking back now, I had no idea what was in store for me when I said yes to Jesus. No idea. I mean, it just blows me away! My life seems to be a personification of transformation, if you know what I mean. Never before have seen someone so BIG work so gently on me. The care He takes as He breaks me, breaks me for Him...oh how much love! How much care! How much of Him.
 
 
"By the grace of God, I am what I am, his grace towards me has not been in vain."
1 Corinthians 15:10
 
 
If there was no such thing as grace, there would be no such thing as
ME.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment