12.28.2013

Everyday Strength

It's an everyday strength that I ask for...that I need....sometimes it's just being able to wake up in the mornings and go on with my day even when my past may haunt me and I'm bearing the effects of it in my every day life. Come on though, I know I'm not the only one who does this. Most mornings are normal, but there are just days when it's hard to get up. It's then that I ask for a different kind of strength, one used to face who I am, what I've done, and remember the grace that I've been given. I have to have an outside power that allows me to still hold my head up when to me the days look like a smudged shade of gray. An every-day kind of strength is my prayer, a prayer I need.

 
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."
Isaiah 40:29
 
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.  The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one."
Psalm 28:7-8



No comments:

Post a Comment