9.26.2013

Weakness

I see it, I feel it and I swear it gets bigger everyday. No joke. Maybe it was always there, and I just am just now seeing how big it is. I know I feel it. It's that feeling that you feel when you know you fall so far short that some really small things look impossible. You wonder, "I've overcome this before, but why does it come back so big--just as strong as before? How come I can't even really explain what it is?"

What it comes down to is trust. The full-fledged, heart-longing, shaky scary, unbridled leap of faith kinda trust. That's what's missing. Sometimes I'm looking at a situation and really just have to directly ask myself: Do I trust God? Unfortunately a resounding "YES!" is not always my answer. Often though this question has given me the chance to say yes, to take a deep breath and just say, "Yes, okay I do. Catch me if I fall God. I know you're there." Hard thing to say sometimes. You have that fear (which by the way, comes in many shapes and sizes) in the back of your head. Instead of whispering it chants. And gets louder and louder until the Lord say "ENOUGH! Look at me and believe! I am right here child, why have you been looking elsewhere?" What a precious thing to have the Lord of All to say that to us. Then why do we doubt? We've seen the results of trusting and not trusting. Surely by now we see that perfect love banishes fear. It casts it out. Far, far away.

"Because your steadfast love is better than life my lips will praise you."
Psalm 63:3

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love. We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:18-19

"Again Jesus spoke to them saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angles nor demons, neither the present or the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation can separate us from the love of God that is found in Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 8:38
 
I encourage you all to come face to face with your weakness, try to put words to your shortcomings and fears. Then combat them with this knowledge:

"...but he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in your weakness.' So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.  Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:8-10

And remember,

There is power in the name of Jesus
To break every chain, break every chain, break every chain

To break every chain, break every chain, break every chain

No comments:

Post a Comment