9.18.2013

Back to Camp

I had the opportunity to go to a two-day/one-night welcome back retreat with the BCM. So Carrie and I pack our bags and head off into an adventure. We never really know what exactly we are getting ourselves into these days. We've gotten used to not knowing exactly what's going to happen anymore. Good thing I love surprises.

Anyway, we go and play the normal camp games, sing songs, hang out, eat, eat some more, ect. But later that night we hike up this trail in the dark (I loved being back in the woods--I could hear all the wonderful night noises--not trains or garbage trucks!) and came to a cave formation. It was really BIG and really awesome. We all gathered around the fire (campfire!) and sat down back into the cave formation (above ground....kinda like a ledge with huge overhanging rocks). We had worship then, and let me tell you, it was so cool to hear Amazing Grace and Lead Me to the Cross resound off the tall weathered walls. In between songs, we would hear testimonies from our peers which were very moving. It's incredible what some people go through and how their stories turn out so beautiful. And the fact that most of them wouldn't change a thing about their past.

This trip really forced me to investigate some of my motivations and just the aspects of my life. I came to camp thinking I knew sort of what I was going to do in the smaller parts of my life, and assumed that God was in agreement with it because it was "good" and "good to get involved". But now I realize that His plan for me is SO unexpected. I am flabbergasted at how DIFFERENT His plan for me is than I originally thought. I don't know what He's doing with me anymore. Just that He's gonna do something. I also found this verse that applies:

"I consider that the sufferings of the present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is about to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God."
Romans 8:18-19

I LOVE this verse because it reminds me that the sufferings and confusion that we go through are nothing compared to what's coming. And in that, we get to be blessed by God (before, during and after our sufferings) and get to grow closer to Him.

And the camp is called Camp Joy, a neat connection to a recent theme in my life. I'll post about that later.



I think this is my longest word-post yet! I love long posts. I also have my first test in plant science and another math one on the same day--think you could add it to your list of prayers?


**If you ever need me to pray for anything, txt, call, comment or Facebook me PLEASE!**

No comments:

Post a Comment