2.04.2014

Well Now I Know

When someone says something to you, it may sound like a compliment. In this case, I guess it was. However, it really made me realize the call to action that I have been assigned. I have an amazing opportunity to help other people grow--and grow big time. Granted, growth does often take some small steps around the cliff, but sometimes you just need someone to push you off a cliff. Any cliff will do. Maybe that means public speaking, doing what you normally don't, telling someone how you really feel, being honest with others or taking the initiative to reach out.
 
THIS is what I've been missing out of these past two weeks! Where did my energy, my effort, how I used to give wholeheartedly and invest and pour, where did it go? So many months ago I was alive and I was doing that--but back here, still some unfamiliar situations that can be kinda scary, I need to take that next step.
 
Where have I been sleeping? I mean, where did I GO? Alone. By myself. Immersed in my issues. Struggling to trust God instead of accepting His grace with open hands. I am so, so glad that my God is a God of so much mercy! Oh, how much do I need! My focus disguises itself. I think I'm focused on Him, but in reality I am focused only on what He can give me or what He isn't. And that's where it alllll starts--on the inside of the sinful you.
 
So to change this, I will begin to bring myself back. A new self maybe, but someone who cares and who isn't trapped in the mundane cycle of things and the things that are not. I refuse to sit by and let that happen anymore. I need to wake up, step up and reach out. I know it will hurt, but it will hurt worse if I never move at all.


"So it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God who shows mercy."
Romans 9:15

"And the word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory of a father's only son, full of grace and truth.....from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace."
John1:14-16



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment