2.14.2014

A Day to Love and Love Well


Valentine's Day. This is something that I have mixed feelings about (hang with me here--I just have to get this out)...I think it's great to express your love and devotion to that one special person in your life--I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with concerning Valentine's day is the fact that it's the only day of the year that red and pink actually match. Seriously, you can't wear them together outside of this day unless there is some really specific circumstance. It. Drives. Me. Nuts.

More than anything though, today is a day to bring us back to the love of our Savior. How great, how deep, how much is His love! Someone who loves me even when the majority of my steps send me sliding backwards than going forward. He loves at all times, even when I am so very vulnerable in my weaknesses and don't have the right words--if I have any--to say. He is there in His bigger plan for me, and loves me and holds me because I am so fragile.

When I really experience God's love, especially His love for me, it's something that takes my breath away...I am so overcome with how much it takes to love me, all of me, I can't even fathom how deep His love is............and I love it.


"Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more within us that all was can ask or imagine to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generation, forever and ever, amen."
Ephesians 3:20
 
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, nor angles or demons, nor the present nor the future, or any powers, nor height nor depth, or anything else in all of creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38



No comments:

Post a Comment