8.27.2014

The Word Invite


Invite.


One of my new favorite words that I have come across is the word invite. It's a word whose definition is unlike anything else. The connotations around it echo feelings of joy, security, celebration and even a pause in time.

This is the word that has been missing in my vocabulary. I think of things in terms of "do" or "see", but not "come be with me". In the midst of me being thrown into a semester unlike any other, I am currently struggling simply to know where to start with all that I'm responsible for. A lot of it has to do with my attitude, as always.


Instead of having to drive people, think of it as inviting them to spend time with you, and go to a Bible study.
Instead of having to schedule an event, let it be a time to invite others you haven't met before and celebrate the completion of the first week of school.
Instead of having to go to a job interview, take is as an invitation to enter a work place.


Instead of having all of these things that you need to get done and feeling like your soul is rushed,

          invite God in to heal you of your misplaced heart.



"Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart to revere your name."
Psalms 86:11
 
 
"For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace."
Romans 6:14
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment