7.03.2014

When Days Are Frustrating

When days are frustrating, it's hard to go on. I have a tendency to struggle when I feel unproductive. This is good in the fact that that I get a lot of things done, but it also makes it harder to simply relax.

Hopefully I'm not the only one that this happens too, but sometimes it turns out that I have to do more than I thought, and things turn into a step-by-step process. This drives me NUTS because just when you are making progress--it stops. Or slows down at least.

I have learned that in the middle of this conflict with myself, my first job is to turn to scripture. Simple as that.
 
 
"You are the light of the world...let your light shine before others so that they may see your good works and give glory to your father in heaven." Matt. 5:14-16.
 
 
I am reminded again of my duty to shine--shine the light of my faith I believe and have the attitude in my daily life that that requires. For my job is not of this world, and all these little tasks are coming together for something bigger. Much bigger.
 
 
"Do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For this slight and momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory that is beyond all measure, because we do not look at what can be seen, but what cannot be seen is eternal."
 
2 Corinthians 4:16-17






 

No comments:

Post a Comment