7.11.2014

One of Those Days

 





It's been one of those days when you wake up from a night of dreams and lack of sleep, so tired. Then you find ants in your room everywhere for whatever reason, your dog is being bad, then you look in the mirror and are not anymore encouraged. THEN your devotional has the audacity to say that the more we praise God, the more we draw closer to Him. I am not usually a complainer, but this morning I was letting God know exactly how I felt. Praising God was not very high on my list.

Where is the peace He promised? Where is the calm?


On those days when praise must be deliberate, it's then that you are reminded of your place in the universe--you are so small in the bigger picture! Significant, important, yes, but oh so small.

So, as I go out into the rest of my day, I will do my best to combat things with scripture and pray that God will melt my hard heart and replace it with a broken and contrite heart that wills to praise Him in every circumstance. This is something that I think we all need, no matter how much you think your joy is unattached to your circumstances. Because, at the end of the day we know that He still loves us (no matter how improbable that may sound) and we still love our Lord and Savior.


A lot of these posts seem to have "happy endings" where I come to some conclusion and have a happy picture/song lyrics at the end, but I want to make you aware that I still go through out my day knowing the truth, but still fighting the battle (that recently seems to hit me in the mornings....).



Let us become more aware of your presence
Let us experience the glory of your goodness
Let us become more aware of your presence
Let us experience the glory of your goodness
 
Holy Spirit you are welcomed here
Come fill this place and flood the atmosphere
Your glory is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by your presence


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment