7.05.2014

This Summer and Next Year



Today I have worked and painted. My hands are stained with tie-dye, my skin is peeling from sunburn and I am drinking lemonade outside on a deck that will give you first degree burns if you walk on if bare foot . It's Saturdays like these that I don't know what to do with anymore because they are so few and far between.

It just hit me the other day that I'm leaving to go back to school in six weeks. Six weeks. Of course, this whole summer has gone by sort of slow anyway, so maybe it's not really that much of a surprise.

After learning everything that I have this summer, I am going to approach this next year and semester so differently than I have before.

This summer has just broken my heart with how beautiful life is, and how much more there is out there for me and what I'm called to do to answer my call to go. I just can't help but know that God has something in mind for me--something great.

But I am learning to focus on the here and the now, the times you just have to pour and soak and love and live and try not to pack your schedule like I am so very good at. I will take things slower, and go fast when it's time and pause when I need to. I will continue to use prayer walking to re-center me. I will foster a heart of true service that loves in little ways and always stop to say hi and have some kind of conversation with you,

I am starting to realize more of what I'm made for, and that I don't have to be more than enough for that to come to life. I am learning to be oaky with myself  how I am and to not let other's opinions alter anything about me in anyway. I am learning to let Christ be my more than enough.

 

 



1 comment: