7.23.2014

So Many Questions



"I think a lot of us need to forget about God's will for our life. It's not about where I'll be, God cares more about what our response to His Spirit's leading today, in this moment, than what we intend to do next year."
Francis Chan
 
 
Recently I was talking with a friend about the subject of comparing our summers, and she mentioned that she ended up having more questions than answers. I know something that I 've been convicted of is laying out this elaborate detailed plan about something God obviously wants for me, but worrying and trying to organize all of the details my way and on my time. This is not something that works, even if God's wanting me to do something. It's all or nothing with God. His way or no way at all.

What I've realized from all of this, and my whole summer, is that I am asking all of the wrong questions.



Where will I be then?

What's gonna be my next job?

What are my gifts?

Can I even go into that?

What's this?

What the heck is that?


Well Rachel, you must remember....


It's not about me.

It's not about then.

It's not about the details that must be in place a certain way.

I can't live there and still walk with the Spirit here.

Don't I know that Jesus is more than that?



All these questions that I have, wonder about and don't know the answers to.....they force me to rethink the way I think. What I stand for, and how I do things. Who I'm becoming, and if my actions reflect if the truth is really what I believe. 

 

 

 


 


2 comments:

  1. This is super true. and wow, the pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Johnathan actually took those....

    ReplyDelete