4.12.2014

What IF

What if it's too much of a responsibility?

What if it's too hard?


What if I can't do it?



This is the point.

I can't.

Why do I still act like I can?

Or think I should?

How many times do I catch myself living for myself?


Lately God has convicted me of my attitude--I live so much for myself.  This verse is one that reminds me what I strive for, what my deepest desire should be, and that the only reason I matter is that Christ loved me first.

 
"Yet whatever gains I had, these I have come to regard as loss because of Christ. More than that, I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the lost of all things, and I regard them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness from God based on faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead."
Philippians 3:7-11
 
 
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment