4.12.2014

The Help of Hope

When you are struggling with all that you are overwhelmed with, you can really see God’s answers to prayers more clearly. My God is one who equips us to love others even when we feel frazzled and so, so busy. But through people and little ways, He SHINES His glory like nothing else in my whole LIFE! My Lord is so, so good. The thing is, He is this way all of the time, even when I feel confused.

This has recently been the story of my life. Confusion, I am finding out is my new enemy. Confusion in what to do, what not to do, and when to wait. I just don't understand these things and know I definitely don't have the answers to any of this. The whole thing is really humbling--it reveals what I lack, which is so, so much.
 
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9
 
 
Today was one of those days when you feel so overwhelmed you don't even know what to do. You loose sight of your vision, your hope, when you look at the waves surround you.
 
Well guess what God reminded me of this day? None of it even matters. NONE of it.
 
 
"Yet whatever gains I had, these I have come to regard as loss because of Christ.  More than that, I regard everything as loss because of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and I regard them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but one that comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God based on faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the sharing of his sufferings by becoming like him in his death, if somehow I may attain the resurrection from the dead."

Philippians 3:7-11
 
 
 
This is the hope that we cling to, that we love, that we need.
 
All that I am for all that you are, my Lord,
All that I have for all that you are, You're the
Pearl beyond price, greater than life
All that I am for all that You are

Selfish ambition and my pride
I'm giving up, I'm letting die
In these empty hands I have it all, have it all
The pure joy of knowing You, my Lord
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment