3.05.2015

When You Feel Entitled....

Lately I've realized that I've been experiencing this certain feeling....it's called entitlement. Entitlement is where you believe yourself to be inherently deserving of something. It's an icky thing, a thing that is sin. We are inherently a bad and deserve living in Hell over and over again. Thanks to Jesus and His gift of grace (getting something we don't deserve ), that's not the way it is anymore.

Entitlement is something that is rooted in pride. I don't know about you, but prides is a struggle for me. It's funny because sometimes I even think to myself "Wow, that is a thought that is just so far from the truth!" yet they come anyway. From this, I've realized the importance of being aware....aware of your struggles and strengths and sins and just how you are. This is good to realize, but what comes after--your next step of action--is important too.

I'm not writing to give you answers, or reference sites and things that can help you do this or that.....too many times we expect solutions or "step-by-steps" to be handed to us. At some point, you just gotta do it. You may not have a plan, organized thoughts or anything else except for the will, but when it comes to combating sin  and temptation, you just have to do it.

It's a hard, long learning process, but once you start to see your sin more, that harder you are certainly motivated to work.


"Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed me, not only in my presence, but much more in my absence, work out your own faith in fear and trembling,for it is God who is at work in you, enabling you both to will and work for his good pleasure."
Philippians 12:2








1 comment:

  1. (EGGS!) It's cool to hear your thoughts. I kinda struggle with the opposite . . . believing that I have to do something to get His grace or love, when it's already been given and I can live free. Not sure if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete