12.06.2014

Weakness as a Gift

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness. So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak I am strong."
 
 2 Corinthians 12:9-10


For those of you who have known me for a length of time, you'll easily remember that this is one of my favorite verses. I've even done lots of blog posts about it, and included it everywhere I can.

The great things about verses is when not only do you begin to learn to really live them out, but when you learn something new about it.

So, here it is.

Have you ever thought of your weakness as a gift?


Not just something good.
Not just something that's yours.
Something you can offer to the Lord.
Isn't this verse exactly the best spot you can be in? Not depending on your strength at all, but His.
So much so in fact that all the bad things become those that give us our unfailing strength because He fills the rest of us up with Himself and His love and His spirit.


Today--not tomorrow, or the next day, or when you feel ready, or later--offer your weakness to God as a gift to Him. Show Him that you really do love Him and want to learn to trust Him more. He is the one who can take care of you. He is the one who can fill you.

He is the one who completes you. Let Him.









1 comment:

  1. I love this and you. can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete