12.13.2014

Come on Back Home for Now




Do you ever have those times when you are positively floored when you realize

That would be me.

I'm sitting here at home, typing--not strings attached. I have no homework, as I have just finished my third semester of college...I'm halfway through my sophomore year...can you believe it? Considering where I was this time last year, wondering if or how I was going to make it at all, it's simply ridiculous.

However, although I have survived this far, I feel like the ends of my nerves are slightly burned and frayed from these past months. It has not been easy, adjusting to working while going to school and having two other responsibilities outside of that, not to mention the rest of my life (which, someday I wonder what that actually means).

I have been continually, repeatedly confronted and bombarded with my weaknesses and inabilities this semester. It took me awhile to figure this out, and to remember why oh why I can't do this life on my own. Me getting burned because of my own pride is one thing, but when you are forced to deal with a kind of change that you've never had to deal with before, I was reminded of the fact that I am capable of nothing except through Christ.

It's still a fight, still a struggle some days, but God proves faithful, and that part never changes.







No comments:

Post a Comment