12.24.2014

The Thing Called Hope


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." 

Romans 15:13


This verse has been following me around. It started out with me finding it and thinking "That's a nice verse" to it coming up in a devotion, then a sermon, then I found it again....you get the picture. 


What's really funny is that I blew it off at first. Hope is great, but not that important at all...that's what I told myself.


Then the pastor of my church gets up and says
"Hope is believing in the good before the good is believable". 


Do you know how many things that applies to? Like, everything? Before the good is believable....knowing that good is there...that's something to a least put things into perspective. I didn't really know how hard it was to hope and now that I think about it, so few people practice this well.


So my prayer for my own self is that I would learn how to hope in the deep truth that I know, none of the false stuff that only looks like hope, as well as be able to figure out what believe actually means to me, and to practice things like these that often look very impossible.













No comments:

Post a Comment